Wednesday, December 16, 2009

On Pop Music, a Once a Year Party, and a Rough Career/Education Outline

I was reminded today that driving in the left lane on the Mass Pike combined with excellent jams turned up pretty high makes it pretty easy to exceed my intended speed.

I also was  pretty close to teary eyed during the Dixie Chicks' Traveling Soldier.  When was the last time you heard Dixie Chicks on the radio?

I love Beyonce. I love Lady Gaga. Together? I love it.  They each seem to have a song featuring the other.  Lady Gaga's Telephone was on the radio today and I fell in instant love.  I'm discovering I have a place in my heart for super catchy music. Like Miley Cyrus Party in the USA. At least it is out in the open now!  My favorite place to have heard that song?  Dueling piano bar in Chicago.  Every single girl in the bar knew all the words. So fun to be a part of.

New Year's plans are in place - a ticket/pair of tickets is reserved. Looking forward to actually reaching my destination this year. I brought in 2009 with the MBTA!  Fun story, though I am not sure I want to do it again.

Finally re-rolled the ball on the application for a Certificate in Business Administration. I feel like it is going to have a significantly higher ROI than an MBA that doesn't really apply to me at this point in my career.  I'll save all of the major debt for a Civil Enginering focused Master's Degree.  Still need to research programs.  I have two in mind, but only one would be able to be completed in person long term.  Lots of time between now and then - but I KNOW I want that degree. I'm impressed that potential employers are impressed with my interest to get some formal education in business.  I ultimately want to manage projects and be a larger cog in the corporate/government wheels and on top of the technical base I know I will need to develop some sort of business acumen.

No comments:

Post a Comment