Saturday, December 26, 2009

Just laughing at myself for being excited about a walk.

I'm finding myself intrigued at my own self tonight.

I decided I would go to the gym. And I was excited about that decision.  Each step I took to get there made me even more excited - putting on the shorts, the socks, searching for headphones.

I'm tired and feeling pretty full from two Christmases, plus my body is hurting.  Despite this I felt I had every reason to go. A walk/jog/run would help me feel energized, happy, and ready for bed later on; healthier, encourage healthier eating and more water consumption.  Getting back to a WJR workout makes me so much more conscious about my body and what I need to do to keep it strong and in limited (or none at all!) pain.

These feelings also make me curious about all of the studies that confirm "people who stretch more likely to be normal weight" or of similar ideas like "people who wear sunscreen less likely to be diabetic." Those are just examples, but each have two examples of a health related behavior.  If you are stretching, you are probably already taking the time to fit in exercise or dancing, and while you are exercising you are probably monitoring food intake and overall managing weight.  So, of course those people who stretch are normal weight. It's an activity that is a prereq of sorts to another, likely healthier in my untrained mind, good-for-your-body activity.

No comments:

Post a Comment